Frequently Asked Questions for Tenants

When is the office open?

Monday through Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday: By appointment.

Who should I call if something needs repair?

Call us with repair needs ASAP (386-454-2907). If you leave a voicemail, please be sure to leave your name, address, and phone number(s) and the specifics of your concern.

Who do I make my rent check payable to?

Please make checks payable to Jim Wood Realty. Be sure to include your rental address and the month the rent is covering. You may mail the payment to PO Box 2748, High Springs, FL 32655 or hand-deliver it to our office.

Does the owner’s liability insurance cover my personal belongings in the event of fire or theft?

No. We suggest you purchase renter’s insurance. It is usually low cost. If you need a referral to an agency, please call our office (386) 454-2907.

Rental home

Who is responsible for pest control?

Each property is thoroughly treated for pests prior to move in. The tenant is responsible for maintaining pest control. If you need a referral to a pest control service, please call our office (386-454-2907).

Can the landlord or owner enter my premises?

The landlord, his agents or the property owner will only enter your rental property with advanced notice or for protection or preservation of the premises.

Why do we have to keep the air conditioning at 74 degrees or higher?

When you run an air conditioning unit at lower temperatures during excessively hot or humid weather, the unit is likely to freeze over. If the unit freezes over it may be severely or permanently damaged. You would then be responsible for the repair or replacement of the unit.

What do I need to do if there is a freeze warning?

If there is a freeze warning for the area, please keep a slow trickle of water running in outdoor spigots. This will help prevent your pipes from freezing.

Who provides the outside trash receptacles?

The tenant provides the outdoor trash receptacles. All outdoor trash receptacles should have a secure top and be of adequate size to contain the trash.

Will I get my security/pet deposit back?

Your deposit will be refunded within the state mandated time frame of 30 days after move-out, assuming there is no damage to the unit and it has been cleaned thoroughly. This includes, but is not limited to stovetop/ovens, fridge/freezers, tubs, toilets, cabinets, all surfaces wiped down, swept, mopped and/or vacuumed. If professional cleaning is necessary after you have moved out, any costs incurred will be charged to you. In addition, please remove all personal belongings from the unit, as removal and/or storage fees will apply for anything left behind.